WE'RE OPEN! APPOINTMENTS (866) 877-7258 | AFTER HOURS (866) 585-4249 | WIC (301) 762-9426 info@cciweb.org

Required Documentation for WIC

You must bring at least one form of identification (ID) for yourself and one form of ID for your infant or child who is applying for WIC. Here are the IDs that WIC accepts:

Acceptable IDs: Adult applicants, parents, and caretakers

  • Driver’s license
  • Valid ID card with photo
  • Valid passport
  • U.S. military identification
  • School ID or record
  • Maryland state-issued ID with photo
  • Maryland  learner’s permit
  • Current Maryland WIC ID folder (must be currently participating in WIC program)

Acceptable IDs: Infants and children 

  • Birth certificate
  • Valid Social Security card
  • Foster child placement letter/notice
  • School ID or record
  • Infant’s hospital ID bracelet
  • Hospital birth card (crib card)
  • Current Maryland WIC ID card
  • Hospital footprint card with a name

Proof of Residency Documents: You must also bring in one item that proves where you live. The item must show your street address. (No P.O. Box numbers will be accepted.)

    • Maryland driver’s license
    • Car registration
    • Bank statement
    • Mortgage or rental agreement
    • Valid ID card with photo
    • Paystub or military leave and earnings statement (LES) with address
    • Recent bill
    • Voter registration card
    • School record
    • Maryland learner’s permit
    • Tax document
    • Letter from a reliable third party (such as a social worker, landlord, etc.) confirming your address

Proof of Income: You must bring in proof of all income for every person living in your home. Some of the documents that WIC accepts are:

  • Active Medicaid card or notice of eligibility
  • SNAP notice of eligibility
  • TANF notice of eligibility
  • Most recent pay stub
  • Regular cash contributions: bring a signed/dated letter from any person (not living in the household) who regularly contributes income to the household
  • Unemployment letter/notice or Workers’ Compensation letter
  • Recent leave and earnings statement (LES) for military personnel
  • Foster child placement letter/foster parent award letter showing the amount received for foster care
  • Court order or divorce decree showing alimony and/or child support
  • Self-employment – Recent 1040 ES quarterly tax form or company account books (records) or 1040 form for the past year.
  • W-2 forms or income tax return for the most recent calendar year
  • Signed statement (to include the name of the company, address, and telephone number) from the employer indicating gross earning for a specific time period (such as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)

Please make sure to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time.

Call 301.933.6680 if you have any questions about required documentation before your appointment.